CV & Portfolio :
I am an experienced art department assistant, currently available for work from march '22.
My interest in the Art Department stems from a love of visual storytelling and spatial design, which I developed throughout my degree in Architectural History.
I have studied draughting with FDI at Pinewood. and am developing my skills and experience with the intention of eventually progressing to Junior Draughtsman roles, where I hope my period knowledge and research skills might come in to use.
My credits include Batgirl (Warner Brothers), The Son (SeeSaw Films), and The Responder (BBC1/Dancing Ledge).
I have worked in London, Liverpool and Glasgow, and am happy to relocate as necessary.
You can download a
copy of my CV here:
(up to date portfolio with
unreleased project work
available at request)
- Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop & InDesign
- Freehand perspective drawing
- White card model making
- Visual research skills & period knowledge
Oct'21-Feb'22 BATGIRL (Warner Brothers) Production Designer: Christopher Glass
Art Department Assistant Sup. Art Director: Nigel Evans
- Draughting window and door details and cover ups
- Produced comprehensive location plans
- White card model making
June-Oct'21 THE SON (SeeSaw Films) Director: Florian Zeller
Art Department Assistant Prod. Designer: Simon Bowles
- Location surveys and draughting plans
- Producing SketchUp models of sets for the designer to use
- Visual research, investigating the architecture and graphics of the setting
Jan-June '21 THE RESPONDER (BBC One / Dancing Ledge Productions) Director: Tim Mielants
Art Department Assistant Prod. Designer: John Stevenson
- Surveying and draughting location plans on CAD
- Working to scripts to produce break downs and assist with visual research
- Assisting with general department organisation, including colour break downs
2020 ISOLATION (Kayfabe) Director: Ian Pons Jewell
Concept Graphics (dailies) Prod. Designer: Robin
- Produced concepts for graphics, including layout ideas, illustrations and working with copy.
- Worked to the Production Designer's brief and made amendments promptly to align with the director's vision.
2020 REWIND BRITAIN (Somesuch Productions) Director: Leo Leigh
Art Department Assistant Prod. Designer: Mairi Claire Bowser
- Assisted with the dressing and striking of location sets
- Assisted with standby props on shoot, acting promptly to fulfil requests
- Produced and sourced graphic and action props
EDUCATION & TRAINING
2021- MENTORING WITH DORRIE YOUNG
ongoing BFDG / Screenskills
2020 MENTORING WITH GARY TOMKINS
Resource Productions, Creative Collective
- Gary kindly worked with me over a number of weeks to offer feedback on my portfolio, guidance with draughting and industry conventions, and advice on how to further prepare my skillset for junior Art Dept roles.
2020 ART DIRECTION FOR FILM & TELEVISION (Certificate in Draughting)
Film Design International, Pinewood Studios
- Trained in hand draughting for film and HETV, including working to camera angles, creating camera projection 2- point perspective sketches from plans and elevations and drawing in forced perspective.
- Also covered budgeting, location surveys and script breakdowns.
2019 SET DESIGN FOR FILM & TELEVISION
Central St Martins
- Course covering scale models, script breakdowns and visual research.
2014-2018 MA (HONS) ARCHITECTURAL HISTORY & HISTORY OF ART
The University of Edinburgh & The University of Pennsylvania
- First Class Honours
- Awarded the Huntley MacDonald Sinclair Dissertation Prize
- Extensive experience researching visual material, including primary architectural sources
EMPLOYMENT HISTORY (selected)
2019 - 2020 SHALINI MISRA INTERIOR ARCHITECTURE STUDIO
Freelance Artist & Researcher
- I produce free hand perspective drawings of interior spaces, for client use as early stage concept visualisations.
- I have also carried out research, sourcing potential suppliers for a range of materials and services.
2018 - 2019 HUGH WOOLDRIDGE (Theatre Director & Producer)
Worked on a large scale West End production, & smaller charitable productions:
- Carrying out runner duties on busy production days & on promotional shoots
- Was responsible for all daily administration of the office, including calls
- Co-ordinated the creation of marketing materials and printing specifications
- Provided personal assistance in a wide variety of tasks and odd-jobs
2019 THE ONSLOW ARMS
2014 - 2017 HURTWOOD HOUSE SUMMER SCHOOL
- Responsible for the logistics and administration of a residential school with 100+ students
- Happily working long hours in a high paced and changeable environment, requiring excellent time management and organisation.
- Full Clean Driving Licence
- Hand drafting
- Location surveys